The Economy in the time of Covid-19 hosted by Andrew J Scott
In January a survey undertaken by the World Economic Forum did not list a global pandemic as one of the main short-term risks in 2020. Yet here we are in April with a large proportion of the world’s economy at a standstill.
Drawing on my years of experience in advising governments over economic policy and my skills at making the complex accessible I would like to discuss the implications of coronavirus. I will outline in clear and simple terms what the crisis means for the economy, what to expect (or not to expect) going forward and how firms should be responding to the current crisis.
Topics will include:
- How is Covid-19 affecting the economy now and in the future?
- What should firms look out for?
- Will government policies work and what are the long-term implications?
- What should businesses be doing now?
- How does Covid-19 interact with an ageing society?
My next webinar will be on Thursday, 14 May on Coronavirus, an ageing society and longevity.